Barbies are one of the most popular toys of all time. The dolls help children imagine themselves in a variety of life situations, allowing children to try on different jobs, outfits, and lifestyles.
It’s time you got your child the biggest, best Barbie accessory there is – a house. The Barbie house is the stuff of dreams with fun colors and accessories to match. There are lots of different versions of the house now, so let’s take a look at some possibilities that could fit your lifestyle.
Best Barbie Houses – The List
These constructions have different purposes and could be designed to fit bigger or smaller spaces. Depending on your space needs and the age of your child, you may have better luck with one or the other.
|Barbie DreamHouse *NEW*||3 floors, 8 rooms and 70+ accessories, 360-degree play||Check Price|
|Barbie Dreamhouse||3 floors, 7 bedrooms, 70+ accessories and a working elevator||Check Price|
|Barbie 3-Story Dream Townhouse||4 rooms and a rooftop lounge, working elevator and accessories||Check Price|
|Barbie Malibu House Playset||2 floors, 6 rooms, transformation elements and 25 accessories||Check Price|
|Barbie Glam Getaway House||3 rooms and 25+ peices||Check Price|
New Barbie Dream House
The original Barbie house, this one has everything. It includes three different floors with accessorized rooms and stands at three feet tall and four feet wide. It includes eight rooms and an elevator, plus a slide that goes right down to the pool.
Rooms include a home office, living room, bedroom, and others. It has interactive accessories that help teach your child about cause and effect. Touch a button, and the stove lights up and makes sounds. The tea kettle whistles. The toilet makes flushing noises. It’s all designed to keep your child engaged and interacting.
Accessories include two in one-pieces such as a couch that becomes a set of bunk beds, and a refrigerator turns into a food stand. These two in one accessories help expand the Barbie play area so that your child can take full advantage of the imagination.
The elevator really works and holds four Barbies. The rooms are open on several sides to allow for more than one child to play at a time. It’s easy to wipe down and has plenty of fun stickers to accessorize and make it feel like a home. Additional accessories total 70 pieces in all.
- interactive accessories
- large play space
- requires a big investment
Barbie Dream House
For an exclusive Dream House, this style features seven rooms with over 70 accessories. It’s three floors high and open on several sides to allow multiple children to play at once. Rooms are brightly decorated with stickers and fun furniture.
A lot of the furniture and accessories are interactive, giving your child lots to do. There are lights and realistic sounds, encouraging your child to explore and make discoveries, such as an aquarium with fish that swim around.
It includes a flat-screen tv that can flip around and hold a smartphone, so your child can watch movies with Barbie. The elevator really works, and it even comes with a pool so every Barbie can relax.
It’s a larger Dream house so it could take up a lot of space and it’s quite expensive. However, for those of you with room in your home and your budget, it’s a tremendous gift your child will love.
- tech-enabled accessories
- quite an investment
Barbie Three Story Townhouse
Barbie’s townhouse is a modern take on the Barbie Dream Home. It features three floors of play space with four rooms and a rooftop lounge. It comes with contemporary furniture and a working elevator with room for one Barbie doll. A popup umbrella completes the rooftop decor.
This option is more simple with a dining room, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. It has an open space design so multiple children can play at one time without crowding each other out, and it comes with all the accessories your child will need to furnish the house and play.
Bright colors and stickers finish off the look. It’s got a slightly smaller footprint than a full-sized dollhouse making it suitable for smaller spaces. You won’t have to deal with constant noise or need to buy batteries for this one either. However, your older child might be disappointed that there are no interactive accessories.
- low noise
- smaller footprint
- no interactive accessories
Barbie Malibu House Play Set
The Malibu House is a smaller version of the classic house. It includes two floors and six rooms with 25 different accessories included. It uses bright colors and stickers to help create a fun, imaginative house. It’s got a smaller footprint but still has plenty of play space.
The ceiling transforms into a set of bunk beds and walls in the living room move around to become a movie gallery. It also includes a smoothie bar and a spa-style bathroom. The accessories are great for imaginations, and the house itself fits a lot into a much smaller space.
It’s easy to clean, and the house folds up when not in use. If you need to be able to put a Barbie House away without having to take up permanent space in your child’s room or your house, this is a good option. The downside is the fewer children can play at one time because of the size.
- small footprint
- folds up for storage
- fewer children can play at once
Barbie Glam Getaway House
The smallest footprint is an adorable foldable house. It’s a carry case with a few different accessories designed to give your child enough to imagine and play while occupying only a tiny fraction of the space. It’s a great starter house for those just getting into Barbie, but if you don’t have space, this is a nice compromise.
It has three rooms with a kitchenette, bedroom, and bathroom. It’s fully open, so at least two children can play at a time despite its small size. It’s a wonderful toy for those just getting into the world of Barbie. It’s just enough for imaginative play but not so much of an investment that it’s outside of practicality.
Because it’s so small, your child may be hoping for a full-sized house and be disappointed. However, if you’ve previously not had space for larger Barbie accessories, it could be a welcome change. It all folds up for storage and is easy to disassemble when playtime is over.
- folds up for storage
- an affordable option for a beginning house
- very small
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are Barbie Houses expensive? – Barbie houses can be costly, but they don’t all have to be. Finding a model that’s in your price range is possible if you’re willing to compromise a little bit on size.
- What size does my child need? – The size will depend a lot on the space you have and your child’s age. Younger children may not need anything more than a small, foldable house with a few rooms while older children may be ready for interactive features and a much larger size.
- Do I need interactive accessories? – Older children can benefit from accessories designed to keep them engaged and encourage imagination. They certainly aren’t necessary, but it could be a lovely surprise.
- How do I care for the Dream House? – Most don’t need serious cleaning. If you use simple water and dish soap, that should be fine. The stickers may come off, or you could scratch the plastic finishes if you use anything stronger for your cleaning.
- Are the materials safe? – The very first Barbie houses were cardboard, but the materials have come a long way since then. The plastics are typically very safe for them to play with long term and be around.
- Do I need extra accessories? – Most Barbie houses come with basic accessories, including furniture or smaller accessories. The bigger, more expensive homes come with furniture and lots of smaller furniture such as place settings or little towels and food. You can always invest in more elaborate accessories, but you won’t always need them at first. You will, however, have to buy a doll.
- Do any dream houses come with dolls? – No. You’ll have to purchase a Barbie to go with your house unless your individual store is running a special of some kind. Barbie is always the first step.
Investing in Your Child’s First Dream House
It doesn’t have to be a considerable investment for a Dream House, but if you have a bigger budget, you can get some fantastic toys for your child. Sure, the big ones are an excellent way to make sure your child has an amazing holiday or birthday, but even the small Barbie houses provide an excellent chance for your child to use his or her imagination.
Barbie houses are easier than you might think to clean and store. They also have lots of fun little accessories and make great use of space. Social tools that encourage your child to play with others and put themselves in different roles are important for their development.
Plus, you’ll be the most popular person in your child’s world if you can help expand their play area with such a fun and dramatic addition to their Barbie collection. It’s a wonderful sight and won’t disappoint.