Today we are bringing you a list of a few of the best hoverboards in the market available in the market! Before we hop onto it, let’s get into the details of what hoverboards are and how they have gained popularity over the past few years. Hoverboards are self-balancing scooters; many clearly understand that they aren’t hovering over the floor. We are aware of that clearly, but this futuristic means of personal transport became a trend in early 2013. Hoverboards became vastly popular among kids as well as adults, but the fame has certainly subsided. Despite the growing fame, hoverboards were seemingly malfunctioning as some cheaply made hoverboards were being sold in the market. The batteries of these hoverboards were habitually getting caught on fire as the batteries used were not safe. It held the craze for hoverboards at bay.
It immediately solved battery issues as the companies started using batteries that were UL-certified for hoverboards. Hoverboards have become more popular and are one of the most entertaining physical activity that makes it commute for shorter distances or even roam around the block.
So, let’s hop down below to see the best Hoverboards in the market!
The Epikgo Self Balancing Scooter
The Epikgo Self Balancing Scooter has a massive battery as compared to other hoverboards that exist. It travels up to 10 miles, and to top it all, it is compatible with fast charging in under two hours. It helps out in running small errands, and maybe soon, it might as well be used as a commute vehicle for many.
With large 8.5 inches tires, this hoverboard can ride under different weather conditions and, on top of that, being IP65 rating for being water and dust resistant.
- go safer - ul 2272 certified balance board with ul2271 certified smart battery. underwent and passed 159 tests regarding safety regulations, meaning no potential fire hazards. recommend at the age 13+
- more power - epikgo has 400w dual motors that help it climb slopes as steep as 18 degree and last over 1 hour and over 10mile range on a single charge, making it the most powerful balance board on the market.
- go anywhere - solid rubber tires for all- terrain purposes. rated ip56 for solidness and water resistance. easily maneuver through grass, mud and sand on the board built to do more.
- biger & better - epikgo is nearly 2x more powerful and 30% larger than the leading competitor meaning more foot space, a more stable ride and more control.
- maximum weight limit- 240 pounds. minimum weight limit- 44 pounds
Segway Ninebot S Smart Self-Balancing Electric Transporter
Segway Ninebot S Smart Self-Balancing Electric Transporter is what grownups can use to commute. It’s not your average hoverboard, but thanks to its central steering column, it compliments it in many ways as it helps make it safer for adults to travel.
The steering column helps in steering as compared to the more standardized hoverboards. It’s pretty simple to turn it by squeezing your legs and applying pressure in the direction you wish to turn. A smooth ride complements the 10.5 inches tires, which helps it travel for almost 13 miles in a single charge.
- Sturdy & Powerful: With the powerful dual motors of 400W, the Segway S-Plus can reach a max speed of 12.5 mph, travel up to 22 miles and accommodate a max load of 220 lbs after a single full charge. Ride your Segway S-Plus to enjoy the beautiful scenery
- Safety & Comfortable: Smart Battery Management System assures the battery safety and extends the battery life. Knee control bar allows for precise steering and easy lifting. The 11" pneumatic tires provide a comfortable and smoother ride on bumpy roads
- Remote Control & Auto-Follow Mode: Use the handle or the joystick on the multi-functional remote with intelligent chip to control the device. When you're not riding and need to have your hands free, turn on follow mode to have your S-Plus follow you
- Intelligent App Management: Download the Segway app for anti-theft function, speed limit and adjustment, vehicle self-diagnose, adjustable ambient lights, firmware upgrade, monitor battery status, vehicle remote control and more
- Quality Assurance: With premium technology, extended functionalities and sleek design, the Segway S-Plus is like having your own personal robot. One-year or 180-day warranty for different parts, please refer to warranty in product details below
Viro Rides Free-Style Hoverboard
Back in 2014, a company known by the name of Onewheel started manufacturing hoverboards. Viro Rides Free-Style Hoverboards were introduced with a unique style as they included two side-by-side central wheels instead of one. With these hoverboards being one-third of a standard hoverboard price, the sales were skyrocketing when they first introduced them in the market.
Seemingly they appear to be quite similar to a standard skateboard, but their experience is entirely different. It is a safer and easier way to travel or roam around by merely leaning in another direction to either slow down, speed up or come to a halt. These hoverboards can go for 6.5 miles with a top speed of 7 miles per hour in a single charge. They can withstand up to 220 pounds of weight and still give a resounding performance.
The Razor Hovertrax Prizma
The Razor Hovertax is perhaps the best-known maker of scooters (both hover and non-hovering). The Razor comes with a robust set of motors as compared to other hoverboards. Average hoverboards mostly use 250 watts or even smaller ones. But the Razor uses a powerful 350 watts battery that gives it a range of 8 miles and can take up a whopping 220 pounds at one time.
Razor was one of the first companies to receive the UL-2722 safety certification declaring it to be one of the safest hoverboards available in the market. Razor Hovertrax Prizma has a 36-volt lithium-ion pack that can easily replace two batteries.
Prizma has a “Learn on the Go” mode, enabling you to choose among the trainer and standard methods to let you learn or drive at your own pace.
- The Brand You Trust – From Razor, trusted for quality & performance for over 20 years
- Learn on the Go – Features Razor’s “EverBalance” technology that makes it easier to learn how to ride a hoverboard. And you can choose either Training mode or Normal mode to learn at your own pace
- Prismatic Light Show – The colorful LED lighted wheel hubs and front-facing light bars create a prism of color wherever you ride
- Electric-Powered Fun – Enjoy up to 40 minutes of continuous ride time on a single battery charge and speeds up to 9 mph (14.5 km/h) with dual 150-watt brushless hub motors
- Top Tier Safety – The patented Razor Hovertrax is UL 2272 certified, meets both the industry’s highest electrical safety standards and Razor’s commitment to excellence
Hope you liked this collection of the best hoverboards, and do let us know which hoverboard you’ll end up purchasing!