Board games! Doesn’t it remind you of your childhood? Why not recreate those moments? And even include your little ones! Hence, we have created a list of the top 10 board games for you, which will surely add to your family time’s quality. This list includes even those universal, all-time favorite board games which generations have played.
Summer vacation is the best time to introduce these top 10 board games to your little ones. They will reduce the “screen time” for your children alongside a fun activity bound to help increase their learning.
So what are you waiting for? Scroll down to check the list of the top 10 Board Games available in the market!
1. Monopoly Board Game: The Classic Edition
One of the all-time favorites and, since 1935, one of the best board games in the twenty-first century, still is one of the most entertaining board games. Playing with family for hours of fun-filled entertainment was never more enjoyable for family members of all ages.
In such times of epidemic distress, confining people to their homes helps entertain people and makes passing time playing a board game with the whole family rather than being constricted to electronic devices.
- Buy, sell, dream and scheme your way to riches
- Players buy, sell and trade to win
- Build houses and hotels on your properties and bankrupt your opponents to win it all
- Chance and Community Chest cards can change everything
- Includes gameboard, 8 Tokens, 28 Title Deed Cards, 16 Chance Cards, 16 Community Chest Cards, 32 Houses, 12 Hotels, 2 Dice, Money Pack and Game Guide
- Ditch the TV, and re-ignite family night with the get-together amusement of a Hasbro game
- Party it up, and surprise guests at your next event with laugh-out-loud game from Hasbro Gaming
- Nostalgic tabletop gameplay meets interactive digital content for an immersive gaming experience
- Hasbro Gaming imagines and produces games that are perfect for every age, taste, and event
- Game about adorable animals: in this awesome animal Monopoly game, unicorns and llamas faceoff to see which adorable beast is best
- Team up: this Monopoly board game for kids ages 8 and up is designed to be played in teams; Choose to play on team unicorn or team Llama; Mark territories with rainbow or candy cardboard title markers
- Claim titles: instead of buying properties like in the classic Monopoly board game, in the Monopoly Unicorn vs Llamas game teams claim titles for their fuzzy friends such as most huggable or cutest babies
- Get ahead with chance cards: players move ahead in the board game with hilarious Llama and unicorn chance cards featuring phrases that remind players why they love these creatures so much
- Fun board game for ages 8 and up: The Monopoly unicorns vs Llamas game plays up the rivalry of these adorable creatures; Players can have a blast trying to prove that their furry friends are the best
- Monopoly meets Sonic the Hedgehog: this Monopoly gamer board game features Sonic the Hedgehog series themes, art, and characters
- Rack up points: in the Monopoly gamer: Sonic the Hedgehog edition board game players grab rings, buy property, and beat bosses to earn points to win
- Chaos Emeralds: battle bosses for chaos Emeralds. Having more Emeralds means it'll be easier to beat Dr. Egg Man
- Speedy die and boost die: The numbered die only has numbers 2 through 7 for faster movement around the game board. Activate a boost ability -- maybe even a Super boost -- with the boost die
- Choose a hero: move around the game board as a favorite character: Sonic, tails, Amy, or Knuckles
2. Scrabble Junior
The difference between this version of Scrabble and the original version is that this version improves your child’s vocabulary. Having a board game you can help your child grow is a smart, economic buy. Putting words together and making words has never been more fun and full of entertainment as it is now for children to play and families to help their children to improve themselves. In these desperate times, we see children confined to these smart phones and tablets, whereas this game allows them to have an advanced reading level since they enjoy the game’s challenge. This game is fun for a range of age groups.
- For 2 to 4 players
- Scrabble Junior is letter-matching fun for your little one
- Game grows with your players
- 2-sided gameboard has an advanced level on the opposite side
- Players create their own words in the advanced level
One of the craziest and most addictive board games in cooperative play is where players work together to fight diseases while competing against one another. The best family board game depicts an apocalyptic pandemic, which is a great way to spend time with your family in times of quarantine. It helps bring your family members closer to one another as they spend more time interacting less time virtually over the internet.
- THIS IS A PANDEMIC BOARD GAME EXPANSION: You will need Pandemic Base Game in order to play with this expansion.
- NEW LEVEL OF CHALLENGES: Your job of curing deadly diseases is about to get more difficult. This expansion introduces three modules that provide unique ways to play and give you greater control over each game's difficulty.
- FINE-TUNE THE DIFFICULTY OF YOUR GAME: Take greater control over the diseases, or make things more unpredictable. If you want to inject an increase in difficulty to your games, the Emergency Event Challenge is for you.
- TWO NEW WAYS TO CHALLENGE YOURSELF TO SAVE THE WORLD: The Hinterlands Challenge and the Superbug Challenge raise the stakes even further with new disease strains and a fifth disease that cannot be treated. Only the most seasoned players can overcome this challenge!
- NEW COMPONENTS ADD MORE VARIETY: Take on one of five new roles as you tackle the Hinterlands Challenge and investigate disease strains that jump from animals to humans. Travel to four locations spread across two new boards as you trace diseases to their source.
- STRATEGY GAME: Players must work together playing to their characters' strengths as they plan their strategy of eradicating the diseases before they overwhelm the world with ever-increasing outbreaks. A truly cooperative game where you win or lose together.
- COOPERATIVE BOARD GAME: Only through teamwork will you keep the world safe from outbreaks and epidemics. Your team must work together and plan carefully to stem the tide of infection while working toward finding the cures.
- WORK TOGETHER AND SAVE HUMANITY: Four diseases threaten the world, and your elite team of specialists must find a cure for each of them before it’s too late. Everyone must work together applying their unique character skills to benefit the team—and the world.
- LOOKING FOR NEW GAMEPLAY AND ADVENTURES? The Pandemic game line now includes multiple expansions and stand-alone titles. Note: Expansions require Pandemic Base Game to play.
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PLAYTIME: This easy to learn family and adult board game can be played with 2 to 4 players. The average playtime is 45 minutes.
A game for all ages requiring nerves of steel while keeping the whole family together, seeing the tower of blocks being dissembled one block at a time while one player makes a mistake making the teetering tower come crashing down. It is a sight to see for kids as it amuses them to see who has the nerves and steadiness to keep the tower steady after pulling out the block. While being a fun and addictive game, it is one of the best games to play in quarantine, bringing families closer to one another and restricting electronics usage.
- Pull out a block, place it on top, but don't let the tower fall; This fun, challenging game is a great game for families and kids 6 and up
- THE ORIGINAL WOOD BLOCK GAME: The Jenga game is the original wood block game that families have loved for generations
- GAME FOR 1 OR MORE PLAYERS: No friends around No problem. Play Jenga solo; Practice stacking skills, building the tower and trying not to let it come tumbling down
- TUBE SHAPED BOX: Includes 54 wood blocks and easy-to-use stacking sleeve to help players build the tower; Comes in an easy "put away" tube-shaped package with a handle for carrying and easy clean up
- GREAT PARTY GAME: Liven up a party by bringing out the Jenga game; This classic block stacking game is simple, easy to learn, and makes a great birthday or holiday gift for adults and kids
- Large size timbers include 56 timber blocks measuring 6 x 2 x 1.3 inches and stacks 19 levels high! Includes two extra blocks for added height and best packing arrangement.
- Fully set up game starts at 6 x 6 inches and is 2 feet tall! Game can grow to over 4 feet while playing based on skill level.
- Comes with 56 sustainable sourced New Zealand Pine wood blocks hand sanded smooth for easy setup and game play. Perfect for indoor or outdoor events such as parties, BBQ's, tailgating, group events, camping and much more.
- Includes high-quality and high-strength nylon carrying case for easy storage and transport and makes the perfect sized gift!
- Provides hours of fun and entertainment for the entire family. Anyone can play and create lasting memories.
- The biggest authentic hardwood Jenga game ever sold!
- At setup, starts at 26 inches high, and can stack to over 5 feet high in play!
- Anticipation Builds to a Crashing Climax!
- 54 precision-crafted premium hardwood 7.15" X 2.38" X 1.43" blocks, Each one nearly 15 times the volume of a classic Jenga block
- Includes a Heavy-Duty Jenga GIANT Carry Bag for easy transport and storage.
Chess may not be one of the most prolific or the flashiest of board games, but without a doubt, chess is one of the best games for a wide age range of players. It helps children become more focused as it requires a player to think deeper and strategize their moves to help them improve in decision making. It also allows family members have a good time while learning how to make strategic decisions.
- Excellent Quality: Well-crafted chess pieces and chess board with the unique wood texture both give you a classic aesthetics feeling and smooth hand feeling. Made from premium durable plastic which allows every piece capable to use for generations.
- Perfect Magnetism: In order to let the chess enthusiasts enjoy the game without disruption, each piece contains a built-in magnet. Owing to slight magnetic design, the pieces can safely stick to board but not hard to move pieces. And the flocking at the bottom can denoise sound of moving.
- Great Portability: The open size of board measures 12.4 x 10.6 x 0.8 inches while folded size is 6.1 x 10.6 x 1.6 inches. King piece is 2.4 inches in height and 2" for queen. 2 different velvet drawstring bags for pieces storage can be perfectly hidden inside the folded chess board, which allows you to organize all pieces orderly, meanwhile easy to carry.
- Awesome Gift: Suitable for playing at home, school, work place or in the travel. Packing box has been already changed into Newest Style which makes it a really attractive gift.
- Customer Service: Anything we can help you, please just let us know. We always here for you!
- LARGE - 15" x 15" folding chess board for easy game play
- QUALITY - Wooden chess set with inlaid walnut
- STORAGE - Felted interior with straps for storing pieces
- SIZE - 3" King Piece
- STAUNTON - Hand crafted staunton style chess pieces
- Chess is a two-player strategy game played on a checkered board with 64 squares arranged in an 8x8 grid
- Pressman Chess edition is perfect for both beginner and experienced players
- Features heavy-duty folding chess board for easy storage and years of play
- 32 black and ivory plastic Staunton chess pieces, with 2. 5" tall King
- Manufacturer recommends this game is suitable for ages 8 to adult, and for 2 players
- 【HIGH QUALITY】QuadPro chess set Made of durable HIPS plastic with Fine texture, gives you smooth hand-feel while lightweight and portable; well-crafted chess pieces make it much more deluxe.
- 【LIGHT MAGNETISM】The chess board every individual pieces have a light magnetic attraction to the 64-square playing field; light magnetism would make it stable to play while not hard to move the piece.
- 【PORTABLE SIZE】Open size of Chessboard is 9.84*9.84*0.78 Inches, while folded size is 9.84*4.92*1.56 Inches. This perfectly sized Chessboard is small enough to travel with, but also large enough to play comfortably.
- 【WIDE APPLICATIONS】The magnetic chess set Foldable design - chess pieces can be put into the chessboard for easy storage. Novel style - suitable for home, company, school, journey, bus or picnic. All ages are available.
- 【CUSTOMER GUARANTEE】 We're SO confident that you will satisfied this travel chess that it's backed by our 100% Money Back Guarantee.If you don't satisfied it for whatever reason, we'll replace it or give you every cent back.
6. Sequence Game
Sequence is described as one of the easiest games to learn and a fantastic way to indulge the whole family in a game which is the perfect mixture of a card game and a board game. A game that helps improve children’s mental sharpness to make them think quicker and help parents spend more time developing their children for a brighter future. It is regarded as one of the most interactive games between people of different ages and makes it one of the best family board games.
- Play a card from your hand, and place a chip on a corresponding space on the game board - when you have five in a row, it’s a SEQUENCE
- Each player or team tries to score the required number of five-card SEQUENCES before their opponents
- Easy enough for children, challenging for adults!
- Exciting gameplay develops STEM skills like strategy
- For 2-12 players, ages 7 and up
- Each player or team tries to score the required number of five-card SEQUENCES before their opponents
- Contains 32" x 27" durable, cushioned playing mat
- Classic gameplay in a fun, jumbo size that can be used on the floor or table!
- Large mat provides easy viewing for party or team play
- For 2-12 players, ages 7 and up
Codenames is a very fast-paced team game that requires teams to identify special agents’ names with the team member’s spymaster. It is an interactive game that can be played between adults as well as kids. In such unprecedented times, we often find ourselves not knowing what to do. Codenames is one of the best board games for the whole family to entertain themselves and make full use of their time. If you want to create fond memories with your family members, you must get this!
- Adults Only. Word Game.
- The 18+ Version Of The Smash Hit Game, Codenames.
- Give one-word clues to your teammates that will let them uncover your codewords before the other team!
- One of the best adult board games for parties and groups.
- A fun strategy game and a drinking game. Great for quarantine gaming.
- 400 all new words compatible with original codenames
- New cooperative gameplay
- Campaign mode to record your progress
- Variable difficulty to challenge even the greatest spies
- Great with two players, or more
- The Codenames Disney Family Edition combines Codenames, the #1 party game, and beloved Disney characters and artwork from the past 90 years
- This Disney game includes both pictures and words - determine clues and guesses based on the codes given, but watch out for the wrong answers
- A great family game perfect for all ages that is easy to learn and features everyone's favorite Disney characters
- Two Cluemasters give one-word clues to help their teammates identify the Disney characters, locations, and items from a 25 card game grid (or a 16 card game grid for a more family-friendly version)
- Ages 8+ | 2-8+ players | 15+ min play time
8. Sorry! The Game Of Sweet Revenge
It takes game-night to an entirely new level, making it a night to look forward to all week once you start playing this game. During the ongoing pandemic, we see that we are confined to our homes in quarantine. In this game, players are allowed 12 pawns, 45 cards, and two power-up tokens and instructions. We can bump the opposition to the starting point, and in the end, you need all your color-coded pawns in safety to win.
- CLASSIC SORRY! GAMEPLAY: Do you remember playing the original Sorry! game when you were a kid? Introduce your kids to classic Sorry! gameplay. It's a fun family game for adults and kids ages 6 and up
- INCLUDES 16 PAWNS (COLORS MAY VARY): Each player in this Sorry! board game gets 4 colored pawns (colors may vary) to move around the gameboard. Players need to draw a 1 or a 2 to move their pawn out of Start
- CLASSIC GAME OF SWEET REVENGE: Chase, race, bump and slide! It's so fun for players to say "sorry" to opponents as they bump them back, while they hustle their way to home base
- CHALLENGING AND EXCITING: Enjoy the fun game you grew up playing! The Sorry! board game is a challenging game of strategy, chance, and luck. Moves are determined by the cards drawn
- FAMILY GAME NIGHT: Bring friends and family together for some board game fun! The Sorry! game is a great choice for Family Game Night
9. The Game of Life
The Game of Life allows you to play the life of a secret agent or to have to spend life the way you want. A classic board game is one of the best alternative board games to keep families entertained. It is also an exciting way to make different decisions for two to four people who play at one time. When we are in quarantine, this family game is a way to create an alternative life.
- INTRO TO A CLASSIC GAME: A fun introduction to The Game of Life game. In this edition for younger kids, players choose their own vacation adventure and make their own choices
- FAMILY VACATION: In this kids' edition of The Game of Life game, players choose a car, boat, train, or plane and set off to experience the ups and downs of a family vacation
- ACTION CARDS: Surprises are in store and money is earned (or lost) when players draw Action cards! They might get an animal encounter, an activity, or an event that happens along the journey
- FUN BOARD SPACES: The vacation-themed gameboard lets kids imagine exciting day trips such as an air balloon ride or speedboat ride. They can also switch up their plans and head off to a new destination
- FUN GAME FOR KIDS: This board game for kids, ages 5 and up would also make a fun birthday gift for boys and girls, and it'd be a great choice for family game night
- The Game of Life game is full of surprises
- Choose a path for a life of action, adventure, and unexpected surprises
- Adopt pets. For 2 to 4 players.
- Fun family game
- English (Publication Language)
Clue is one of the best mystery games and a family favorite for a night to have a suspenseful game night. This board game comes with a unique way of maneuvering your way around a mansion and making sure that every murder you stumble upon is a mystery to be solved by finding clues and making theories. The opposition player can then disapprove of those theories until someone finally figures out the crime. Murder-solving puzzles never get old – as this is a very amusing family board game for kids of all ages to spend quality time with family. Proving to be one of the best alternatives to screen time on different mediums, you can spend time playing one of the best board games.
- THE VOTES ARE IN: Clue has teamed up with Houzz, and asked fans to vote on an update to the Clue Tudor Mansion. The results are in
- INTRODUCING THE BATHROOM: You voted on the Houzz website and we listened! Say goodbye to the Tudor Mansion Hall and hello to the beautiful Bathroom on the Clue gameboard
- WHO, WHAT, WHERE: In this classic mystery board game, players try to solve the murder of Mr. Boddy. Discover whodunit, with what weapon, and in which room
- FUN FAMILY GAME: Remember playing the Clue game when you were a kid? Take out the Clue game when the family gets together, for kids' play dates, and rainy day entertainment. For ages 8 and up