Research indicates that the best time for children to work on their cognitive abilities is when they are in their pre-school to the first grade, and toys are a great way to sharpen these skills. Due to the recent pandemic, traditional education has gone down a lot; kids today are going for a more hands-on learning approach.
In this article, you will find a LEGO set for every member of your family, not just the kids! These 8 Top 2021 LEGO Set entries would surely make your decision more straightforward if you are in the market to buy one.
Top 2021 LEGO Set for toddlers to kids up to 10 years old
My children have their first LEGO set back when my older one was six years old, and my girl was four years old. As a parent, the risk of your child swallowing a block is your ultimate fear, and I would watch my children like a hawk eyeing his prey. New to the LEGO scene? Don’t know where to start? Well, I have compiled a list of only the top 2021 LEGO sets for children ages one and up!
1) LEGO DUPLO All-in-one-Box-of-Fun
The first entry in our prestigious top 2021 LEGO sets is the LEGO DUPLO All-in-one-Box-of-Fun; it is the only entry for toddlers in this list. DUPLO bricks are bigger, easier, and less risky for use than the traditional LEGO sets; they make the perfect partners for toddlers over 18 months.
The DUPLO All-in-One-Box-of-Fun includes 65 pieces of unimaginable fun. All parts come packed in a plastic container, so you won’t have to worry about putting all the bricks once your kids are done for the day.
This DUPLO set offers two figures: a dog and a boy, has numbered bricks, windows that open and shut by hand, and wheels that roll. So let your kids go wild with these bricks and see their excellent building skills put to work early!
Although LEGO claims that this set is toddler-friendly, they can’t swallow it, so I would still keep an eye on my little one when playing with these bricks. DUPLO effortlessly boots your child’s motor skills, and in group play, children learn about the importance of teamwork too.
2) LEGO City Sky Police Jet Patrol
Next on the list is The LEGO City Sky Police Jet Patrol with its 54 Pieces. It is a small bundle of fun for preschoolers who like police and airplanes (who doesn’t?). This tiny little pack is best for 4-year-olds and won’t overwhelm them while making an excellent plane that has a door for the cockpit and rotating searchlight.
The LEGO City Sky Police comes with an instruction guide that is helpful for your child. It not only helps with your child’s building ability but introduces them to the LEGO storyline.
There are two cop and robber mini-figures for your child to play with, and as a 4+ set, this one starts with large bricks for the base to help make the building easier. Sky Police jet measures over 2-inch (7cm) high, 5-inch (14cm) long and 4-inch (11cm) wide.
3) LEGO Toy Story 4 Woody & RC
Every child on the planet loves Disney’s Toy Story movie series. It can be an excellent gift for children four years old. If your child has watched this movie, there is a huge chance he/she would be a big fan of Woody the cowboy and his trusted car RC. Woody and RC go on tons of adventures together – your child will go too! There are only 69 pieces, and many are used to make the obstacles for RC, classic toy story script!
Kids can easily make the RC as there is a unique base for making the car, a mini-figurine of Woody and three toy soldiers elements, four traffic cones, and four blocks as obstacles for RC. The RC car measures over 2-inch (6cm) high, 3-inch (9cm) long, and 2-inch (6cm) wide. It is probably my favorite entry in our “Top 2021 LEGO set” list. It’s easy to assemble and will not let your child’s attention budge even for a moment! However, this is not a DUPLO set, so there is a potential risk of your child swallowing a piece.
4) LEGO Bean There, Donut That
Coming up to the big boys now: ages seven and above would love this entry of ours in the “top 2021 LEGO set” list. LEGO “Bean There, Donut That” has many recognizable coffee-shop elements which are super collectibles! It’s easy to assemble, has very quirky and happening features that you won’t find anywhere else. Oh, and did I mention it has a lot of donuts?
Kids who are seven and above would love this little pack of joy. Apart from the coffee stand, there is not much to assemble, but there are a ton of small elements in this LEGO pack that can boost your child’s imaginative skills to another level. There so many stories to tell with such a diverse set of characteristics.
The LEGO “Bean There, Donut That” fits nicely into the City layout, but it is more of a mini-figurine and an accessory pack because of such a high number of elements. The accessories included are also a welcome addition as you can never have too many bikes and trash cans.
The product quality is also superb in this LEGO pack; you’ll love the jaw-dropping colors on all of the different figurines your child gets, including a doctor, businessman, construction worker, and, of course, a barista.
Top 2021 LEGO Sets For Teens
Teens follow the latest trends, and sometimes us adults can be overburdened trying to catch their vibe; if you are a parent of a 14 or something years old, you would know what I am talking about. They are on top of the world when it comes to pop culture, music, and the latest movies. Giving them a LEGO set that is hip enough for them yet being age-appropriate is a difficult task but worry not, we have the best options in our “top 2021 LEGO set” list just for you!
5) LEGO Architecture Statue of Liberty!
Teens are always up for a good challenge and a better way to encourage creativity, cognitive abilities and build up a sense of history. This entry of our “top 2021 LEGO set” list checks all the boxes. Although there have been many versions of the “Lady Liberty Monument” in the past, this version beats them just because of its sheer versatility. A very collectible LEGO set indeed.
Be it a boy or a girl, they will fall in love with this LEGO set. You have put in the right eye for creativity in this set, and assembly might take you a good 45 mins. As a parent for the past decade, I know how hard it is to give teens history lessons. They find it too dull as a subject. Still, this Architecture Statue of Liberty LEGO set can be a great stepping stone for them to learn about our history and all the valuable lessons it can teach us.
Coming back to the LEGO set – this Lady Liberty has got some exciting details in the folds of her robe. The crown on her head needs a keen eye too. She has her hand raised high with a class metallic brown color torch in her hand. Overall the statue, when completed, measures 17 inches in height and 5 inches in width.
There over 1600 green sand pieces for your teen to recreate this popular tourist attraction. Again when finished, this architectural marvel will look stunning on your shelf or a side table, and it will undoubtedly boost your teen’s sense of accomplishment once he/she is done with the LEGO set.
7) LEGO Ideas International Space Station
The next entry in our “top 2021 LEGO set” list would not put a dent in your pocket, and I promise you every penny you spend is worth it! If your teen is a total science buff or you want a little spark of science in your kid, the LEGO Ideas International Space Station is just the LEGO set you should aim for!
It is a moderate to difficult level LEGO set, perfect for kids who want to kill time or have a side project going on that they can show off to their friends. LEGO Ideas product line is a tribute to all the LEGO-heads out there. LEGO receives model set entries from fans every year that are then voted upon; whichever model wins the most votes, LEGO brings the model into production, sweet, right? So there is a lot of history attached to this particular LEGO set.
LEGO Ideas International Space Station is highly admired by teens and adults alike, but I believe that for adults, there is more complex LEGO sets out there that we will touch upon in just a bit. This LEGO set comes in a cardboard box in the US and has been broken down into six different LEGO management sections. It has some unique LEGO elements spanning just over 850 pieces. It stands well over 10 inches in height and is 19 inches in width, so yeah, it would look pretty darn awesome in your boy’s room next to the desktop!
Top 2021 LEGO Sets For Adults
8) The LEGO James Bond Aston Martin DB5 set
The only entry we made for adult LEGO sets! Everyone today loves action-spy-thriller movies, and the first word that comes to your mind when you think of a spy movie is the man will the license to kill, at her majesty’s service! James Bond is popularly known for his code name of agent 007.
The bond franchise has racked up tens of millions of followers over the last 50 years. Undoubtedly our first entry in the “Top 2021 LEGO Set” list for adults would have a LEGO set that would give even a 50-year-old some very good nostalgia!
The LEGO Aston Martin DB5 set belongs to the LEGO creator line-up of expert cars with some serious entries we can debate all day long. Still, this model LEGO set is particularly likable because it has a unique yet complex build that will at least take 8 hours of your precious time. The DB5 is one of the most iconic cars of the world, even in today’s era.
The LEGO Aston Martin DB5 set does complete justice to the car as well, you will find the quality of the bricks pristine, the attention to detail at level best, and all mechanical levers working. An astoundingly challenging build with a design that would leave you in awe.
Riddles and needlepoint sets and inflatable pools aren’t the main gainful interruptions we’ve seen taking off racks in recent months. Lego sets — from the more modest sorts for youngsters to the unquestionably more complicated (and costly) ones for grown-up developers — have likewise gotten more diligently to discover.
Any individual who played with the vivid squares as a youth knows why they make for an engaging toy at this moment. Various more established fans we talked with disclosed to us that Legos have a particular interest for grown-ups at present, as well. They have been a beautiful method to sit, center, and visit, away from screens and other interruptions says the Canadian government investigator Stephen J.MacDonald.
1) LEGO Friends City Park Cafe, Ages 6+
While they concede they aren’t guardians themselves (yet), two of our Lego individuals state that kids they know have indeed taken to the brand’s Companions’ line. It alludes not to the TV arrangement but rather to the five Lego companions the settings are working for. According to Golson, the collection sets include scenes from sporting events to classes, outdoors, and chipping. All accompany humanlike dolls that children can move around the sets whenever they’ve completed the process of building them. Both she and Ryan McNaught, a huge scope Lego stoneworker who passes by ‘The Brickman’, referenced this City Park Café as an exceptionally extraordinary model from the Friends line. It has 222 pieces and highlights a significant number of the things children will know from their neighborhood cafe, from cash to blossoms, extravagant cupcakes, monster espresso cups, and then some. McNaught calls the set ‘fabulous’ and noticed that it also presented a considerable load of incredible new tones to the Lego block universe.
- Includes Andrea and Marie mini-doll figures and features kitchen area, inside and outside dining areas, counter and cash register
- Accessories include money bricks, frying pan, spatula, muffin tins, mixer, utensils, baking tray, bowl, pie and juice carton
- Make tasty treats for your friends in the cafe kitchen, meet up after school and hang in the outdoor dining area, cash out the customers with money bricks and register or rebuild and create new places to play
- Lego Friends pieces are fully compatible with all Lego System bricks
- Collect all of the Lego Friends sets for whole world of Lego Friends fun
2) LEGO Bean There, Donut That, Ages 7+
This undeniably more reasonable set that likewise incorporates a considerable lot of those specific coffeehouse components comes prescribed to us by Brian Kelley. He coordinates a Young Builders and Designers program for kids in the Minneapolis–St. Paul region. Each parent cringes when they hear the word Lego because their sets can be many dollars, yet there are little sets like this truly useful one, he says. Kelley says this scene is one that each child can identify with because it has half the same number of pieces as the City Park Café set over. This one takes around 20 minutes to fabricate. He enjoys that, when complete, the set accompanies different dolls to use inside it, including a specialist, money manager, development laborer, and, obviously, a barista.
3) LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, The Golden Dragon, Ages 7+
In the same way as other toys nowadays, Legos are found in boxes and on of all shapes and sizes screens the same. Lego Ninjago is a TV arrangement that Variety supervisor everywhere Kate Aurthur let us know was the “addictive substance” for her 9-and 7-year-old children’s fixation on the actual squares themselves. Golson had comparable notions, clarifying that “Ninjago is one of the most mainstream Lego topics for youngsters today, both the TV show and new influxes of sets” it propelled. If you know any kids who watch the show, this specific set depends on a mythical serpent they’ll perceive from the arrangement.
- Build the Golden Dragon, featuring an opening mouth with hidden stud shooter and posable wings, legs and tail, then recreate the epic Final Battle between Golden Ninja Lloyd and Overlord from the NINJAGO Masters of Spinjitzu TV show!
- Includes 3 LEGO NINJAGO minifigures: Golden Ninja Lloyd with a golden katana, Overlord with a blade spear and Stone Army Scout with a crossbow
- Golden Dragon toy measures over 2” (6cm) high, 9” (24cm) long and 10” (26cm) wide
- 171 pieces – Ninja toy set for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages The LEGO NINJAGO Legacy Golden Dragon 70666 ninja battle action toy can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative building
- The LEGO NINJAGO Legacy range features new versions of popular models from past seasons to recreate or reimagine iconic conflicts from the NINJAGO Masters of Spinjitzu TV show
4) LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon, Ages 9+
In case you’re a grown-up contemplating whether you can genuinely get yourself a Lego set, our more seasoned specialists all state that the sooner you do, the more joyful you’ll be. They claim that you won’t construct very similar things you did as a youngster. Lego’s adult contributions range from copies of homes planned by Mies van der Rohe and Frank Lloyd Wright to notorious high rises, arenas, extravagance sports vehicles, and space stations. What’s more similar to the genuine accomplishments of plan that rouse these sets, when complete, many are more identical to prize things than toys.
We got with numerous fans about Lego’s Star Wars line, which has been mainstream since it dispatched in 1999 related to The Phantom Menace’s arrival. Author and Lego lover Michael East says that Star Wars Legos are really “the best” of the brand’s total reach, “with such numerous exceptional pieces and profoundly collectible figures.” Gaming visual originator Peter De Smet concurs, revealing to us the Star Wars sets “pulled me back in” to the Lego-stanza. However, being lastingly sought after implies that many Star Wars Lego sets become hard to track down. This one, a top choice of East’s, is still promptly accessible; however: It’s a reproduction of the establishment’s famous Millennium Falcon starship. “While simple to make, the Falcon took a few structure meetings to finish and will be one of the highlights to any Star Wars Lego assortment,” East says.
- Build the famous Millennium Falcon, featuring detachable cockpit, dual spring-loaded shooters and detailed interior
- Featured in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Includes Han Solo, Chewbacca, Rey, Finn, Tasu Leech, Kanjiklub gang member and BB-8 Astromech Droid
- LEGO Star Wars building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Measures over 5” high, 18” long and 12” wide
5) LEGO Architecture Statue of Liberty, Ages 16+
Four more seasoned manufacturers we addressed disclosed to us their number one sets originate from Lego’s “Engineering” line, which was dispatched in 2008 and permitted developers to re-make notable tourist spots and horizons from around the globe. Danish advanced specialist Bubber Outzen disclosed to us he adores the design arrangement since “you can feel what every draftsman needed to accomplish with their work by building it yourself.”
While a portion of the Lego Architecture sets can go for a few many dollars, this reproduction of the Statue of Liberty is a more reasonable choice from the line. It comes suggested by MacDonald, who revealed to us he initially found Lego’s Architecture arrangement during a group building exercise at his office: “I had some good times with it, I continued purchasing more.” Lady Liberty is among his number one sets, to some degree since he set up its 1,685 pieces with his better half. “It’s the greatest set we’ve manufactured,” he says, “and took us two evenings to finish.”
- Bring a symbolic centerpiece to your home or office with this Statue of Liberty model
- Delivers a rewarding building experience to all with an interest in architecture, travel, history and design
- Features a detailed pedestal and iconic Lady Liberty statue complete with crown and golden torch
- Statue of Liberty model measures over 17-inch (44cm) high, 5-inch (14cm) wide and 5-inch (14cm) deep
- 1,685 pieces – For boys and girls over 16 years old
6) LEGO Architecture Falling Water, Ages 16+
Regarding Outzen’s top pick of all the Lego Architecture sets, he says nothing beats this one demonstrated after Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fallingwater. He portrays it as “another approach to visit if you’re not ready to go to the genuine article” in Pennsylvania. As indicated by Outzen, putting the set’s 811 pieces together “gave me a feeling of what Wright needed to accomplish with the structure. It’s solid and square when you start, yet you find a gentility through the porches, the trees, and the water. It truly has all the components, and you handle that just through development.” By the time you finish, Outzen says, the figure has the equivalent “strong, solid inclination” that fanatics of the genuine article say they feel in its quality.
- Replica of real-world architectural landmark Fallingwater
- Booklet included with details on design and history (English language only)
- Measures 10" (256 mm) wide
- A striking and imaginative display for your desk, bookshelf or mantelpiece
- Contains 811 pieces
7) LEGO Technic Bugatti Chiron, Ages 16+
Lego’s extravagance sports vehicles line is “it’s generally advanced at this point,” as indicated by Huw Millington of online Lego information base and set guide, Bricket. Millington says these are excellent decisions for somebody who needs a more extended venture, as the “extremely testing construct will take even an accomplished developer a decent 10–12 hours.” The Bugatti Chiron contains an astounding 3,599 pieces, including a great deal that you can’t see from taking a gander outside the vehicle, such as a gearbox, motor, and tan-cowhide inside. The directions, Lego claims, “reflect the way a genuine Bugatti is collected.”
- The perfect gift for car lovers and future engineers! Build and experience a quintessential collectible sports car – the LEGO Technic Bugatti Chiron! Developed in partnership with Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S, this is a faithful recreation of the real car
- The Bugatti advanced model car build is created with 3599 pieces and features a classic duo-tone blue color scheme, This set is the perfect addition to any adult or teen's car collection and can be played with or used for display
- This 1:8 scale Bugatti Chiron race car model features an active rear wing, 8-speed gearbox with paddle gear shift, W16 engine, steering wheel, suspension and spoked rims and comes in luxurious box packaging with a collector's booklet
- The LEGO Technic Bugatti Chiron model car building kit can be built together with all LEGO Technic sets and LEGO bricks for creative construction and extended play
- The Bugatti model car measures over 5 inches (14cm) high, 22 inches (56cm) long and 9 inches (25cm) wide
8) LEGO NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander
Apollo 11 set was made to commend the 50th commemoration of the moon’s arrival, with NASA’s assistance to get the subtleties (counting the right shade of gold) on the money. It’s an incredible-looking showcase piece, particularly with the slick lunar surface, total with cavities and square strides for your figures. The lunar module itself has an inside with instruments, and the break partition leaves away for a re-visitation of the circle (or to flaunt, more accurately). Oh, and here’s a little NASA reward recommendation, since it’s outstanding amongst other Lego sets, time: The Lego Ideas NASA Apollo Saturn V Rocket. It’s as of late been resigned, yet there’s as yet stock around at not preposterous costs – it initially sold for £110, and we’ve seen it selling for £150-£180. On the off chance that you can get it at that cost, we still altogether suggest it – it’s a spectacular entertainment of the notable rocket and is over a meter long when wholly manufactured. All that is proportional, as well, so it accompanies micro-figure space explorers, a tiny moon landing lifelike model, and a little fruitful splashdown model – while the rocket itself separates into its stages. It’s marvelous; however, if you need a case of exactly how much love went into it, what about the reality this set commending the moon arrival is 1,969 pieces.
- Bring to life the rocket launch that took humans to the moon with the meter-high (approximately 1: 110 scale) model rocket of the NASA Apollo Saturn V. This space toy with astronaut figures lets you role play the many missions the Saturn V completed.
- The Saturn V rocket kit includes 3 removable rocket stages (first, s-ii second, and s-ivb third) below the launch escape system, command and service module. Plus, there are 2 minifigures to accompany the Lunar Lander and splashdown rocket toy.
- After building the Saturn V rocket, you can display the spacecraft horizontally with 3 stands. The Lunar Lander docks with the command and service modules while the Lunar Orbiter sends the rocket into space.
- Recreate space adventures with this NASA toy and action figures based off of the included booklet about the manned Apollo Moon missions and the fan designers of this build and play set
- This spaceship toy measures over 39 inches (100cm) high and 6 inches (17cm) in diameter. It includes 1,900 pices and is ideal for boys and girls 14 years or older.
9) LEGO Art Marvel Studios IRON MAN
Lego with a custom soundtrack, which is fewer bananas than it sounds. There are more than 3,000 pieces, even though by far most of them are round 1×1 plates, so the tip of your correct thumb likely could be in misery when your three representations of Iron Man are finished. You won’t be miserable, however: the completed thing looks magnificent. In case you’re not a Marvel nut, the Lego Art range incorporates representations of some Star Wars SiXth top picks, pixel pics of the Beatles, and an Andy Warhol set which repeats his well-known Marilyn Monroe pop-craftsmanship pics.
- Build this LEGO Art Marvel Studios Iron Man (31199) set, featuring a model with 3 build options; Display your favorite version of Iron Man’s armor on your wall or shelf after you spend quality time making it
- Set your creative side free with this 3,167-piece LEGO set that includes 9 canvas wall decor plates, a Marvel Studios signature plate, brick-built LEGO frame, new hanging element and piece separator for easy rebuilding
- Relieve stress while you create a unique LEGO portrait of the MARK III, the HULKBUSTER MARK I or the MARK LXXXV armored Iron Man suits With the immersive Soundtrack, you can learn unexpected details as you build
- Revel in your love of Super Heroes while building this unique LEGO kit; To really push your creativity, buy and combine 3 of the sets to create an ultimate Iron Man wall piece to display in your home or office
- This 3in1 LEGO Art set measures over 15.5” (40cm) square; Display it on a wall or shelf, where its details help it stand out; It makes a great gift for you or another creative builder who’s into Super Heroes or Iron Man
10) LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Great Hall 75954 Playset Toy
On the one hand, this is a fun playset for youngsters to play with minifigs (counting, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Draco Malfoy, Dumbledore, Professor Quarrel, and, unexpectedly, Hagrid) in entertainments of Hogwarts’ notorious feasting corridor, just as an elixir room and moving flight of stairs. Then again, the careful detail that makes it look simply like the film vision of Hogwarts’ stupendous outside makes it a phenomenal collectible for enthusiasts of the arrangement of all ages. There are additionally other extraordinary Hogwarts sets that it interfaces with to shape a more excellent mansion.
In case you’re a genuine Harry Potter fan; however, the above won’t be very obvious enough to the books/films. What you need is the epic Hogwarts Castle set, which is an amusement of the whole palace as it shows up in the movies to micro-figure scale, complete with certain rooms around the back and Hagrid’s Hut in addition to Whomping Willow. It’s incredible (and gigantic), and there’s no better purchase for no-nonsense fans.
We hope you liked our Top 2021 LEGO Setlist. If you want more LEGO reviews, leave a comment below. Toybox advisor loves hearing from its readers!