Do you have a tough time keeping your little one out of the kitchen? We have just the perfect solution to your problem! Get your toddler a toy kitchen of their own! Yes, you read that right, their dream kitchen.
You’ll be glad to know that we have researched the latest and topmost kitchen playsets available in the market currently so that you won’t have to go through the hassle of searching for the perfect toy kitchen set for your little chef.
So let’s foster your child’s love for cooking and set them up for plenty of dramatic play. A kitchen toy set would be the perfect place for tots and elder kids to learn, work, and play together. While they use their creativity, learn about various kitchen tools, and be just like their parents. Kids’ toy kitchens help your child learn while playing; it also enhances their fine motor skills, helps them learn to count, and most importantly it helps with their imagination.
Below we have listed out the top 5 Kitchen playsets for your little chef!
1. Kidkraft Ultimate Corner Play Kitchen with Lights and Sounds
This kitchen playset is the one that will please the pickiest of little chefs. It is on top of our toy kitchen playsets primarily because of its interactive features, making it realistic. It is not just any regular kitchen toy set; it includes a dishwasher, refrigerator, ice maker, microwave oven, traditional oven, and a freezer. Real culinary adventures will begin when your little sous-chef opens and close the appliances’ doors, lights will turn on, and sounds start playing. The kitchen play-sets counter space is also ample for the kid to prepare meals and the counters have a granite-like finish which makes the playset relatively modern and sleek.
The most exciting feature is its L shape which helps it fit in any house corner with 42 x 32 x 36. Nine batteries must function correctly, but it is worth socking up in comparison to this kitchen toy set’s functions.
- Your purchase includes One KidKraft Ultimate Corner Play Kitchen Set in White, and a phone as play piece. Additional pieces sold separately
- Product dimensions: 42.5" W x 32.5" L x 36.75" H | Counter height – 21” | Fridge dimensions – 9.4” L x 8.1” W x 18.9” H
- Recommended ages: 3 – 8. Play Kitchen is made of MDF, Solid wood and plastic
- Burners and icemaker have realistic lights and sound. Shelving and hanging pegs for pots, pans and accessories
- Oven, microwave, refrigerator, freezer and washer doors all open and close. Cordless phone with hands-free clip
2. Little Tikes Cook ‘n Learn Smart Kitchen
This kitchen playset from Little Tikes is the playset of the future! Just what today’s generation alpha needs. It is not only interactive but also has some fun features. There is a list of realistic sounds like sizzling eggs, food being chopped or running water, etc., and they are bound to keep your chef engaged. With the help of a Bluetooth-enabled latest device, you can connect the toy kitchen set through an app that would allow your child to play interactive learning games while cooking.
This kitchen toy set comes with 46 accessories like an extensive culinary package, utensils, food items, and cookware. This abundance of accessories is bound to keep the little chef busy for hours without getting bored. This playset is the best one for toddlers.
- Interactive kitchen magically recognizes accessories and responds to kids’ actions, teaching kids cause and effect
- Kitchen's mobile and tablet app uses Bluetooth technology for engaging preschool learning games and fun
- Fun sound effects and over 40 accessories for chopping food, turning on the faucet, and cooking on the stove
- Compatible mobile devices include Apple, Samsung, Google, Amazon Fire, Droid RAZR, and HTC One
- Compatible tablet devices include Apple, Kindle, Samsung, Nook, and Nabi. Download the app to your tablet with iOS7 and above or 4.3 or higher Android mobile device
3. Melissa & Doug Wooden Chef’s Pretend Play Toy Kitchen – Charcoal
Now we’ve come to the parent’s favorite kitchen playset as per 2,700 Amazon reviews. This wooden playset has consistently been on top reviewer’s choice due to its impressive longevity and overall durability, precisely because of its material; particleboard and wood instead of plastic. Hence making it the most eco-friendly kitchen toy set.
It has a taller than average counter height compared to other kitchen playsets for three-year-old, giving more time to kids to outgrow it, as most of the reviewers have mentioned that even after two years of playing with it, their child has not outgrown it. Another claimed that their “very tall” six-year-old kid has played with it with a lot of zeal and zest. The best feature is its easy assembly which makes it the parents’ favorite! It includes realistic features like an ice cube dispenser.
- COMPLETE WOODEN PLAY KITCHEN: The Melissa & Doug Wooden Chef’s Pretend Play Toy Kitchen includes oven, stove, microwave, sink, refrigerator with working “ice” dispenser, and freezer
- DURABLE PRETEND PLAY KITCHEN: The Melissa & Doug Chef’s Kitchen is a durable, wooden play kitchen with ample storage space for easy cleanup
- INNOVATIVE TOY KITCHEN FOR KIDS: The innovative ice maker dispenses two included "ice” cubes, dials turn, microwave plate spins; includes grocery checklist, movable hooks, and doors that open and close
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Our toy kitchen with “ice” cube dispenser is roomy enough for multiple kids to play at once. This kids play kitchen is ideal for kitchen accessory play sets, pretend food collections, and play pantry products
- GREAT GIFT FOR AGES 3 AND UP: The Wooden Chef’s Pretend Play Toy Kitchen makes a great gift for kids ages 3 and up. Add the Melissa & Doug Kitchen Accessories Set to round out the pretend play cooking experience
4. Teamson Kids – Retro Play Kitchen with Refrigerator. Freezer. Oven and Dishwasher – Pink (1 Pcs)
These are relatively new in the market, giving your little chef a chance to own a unique kitchen compared to his/ her peers. Teamson Kids- Retro Play Kitchen is high in quality with a powder pink vintage-style construction. Chalkboard on the freezer, two doors of the fridge, a clock beside the stove – all truly reflect how carefully this playset has been designed. This precision to tiny little detail has helped this kitchen playset outshine other available options in the market.
It takes about 45 minutes to assemble this wooden kitchen toy set with adult supervision. The features include a stovetop with four knobs, a thermometer, and a cordless telephone, which encourage role play. Even on the fridge’s front, a toy ice cube dispenser is present, and the freezer has a chalkboard to write the menu every day. It is these details that make it unique and people’s favorite.
- Expertly crafted with eco-friendly MDF (CARB Phase 2 Compliant), metal and plastic.
- The fridge has two doors, thermometer and chalkboard panel. A cordless phone is included to encourage imagination and role play.
- The stove has toy clock, three oven doors, two burners, removable stainless steel sink and three knobs which turn and click.
- Large enough that multiple children can play at once.
- Adult assembly required. Recommended for ages 3 years and up.
5. KidKraft Grand Gourmet Corner Kitchen
It is the cutest kitchenette available in the market, and because of its durability, it is ready to stand the test of time! Your little chef is bound to be enthralled by it, especially girls, because of its pink color. It possesses an innovative corner design. It has five essential accessories; a freezer, washer, microwave, refrigerator, and oven, all of which have working doors. Plus, it also has working knobs on the faucet and stove. The best feature is a writing chalkboard on the freezer to list out the menu or things-to-do lists. The cloth curtains and windows help with its life-like appearance.
Girl’s kitchen playset is approximately 36 inches tall, making it shorter than the other ones on the list, so it is best suitable for toddlers and girls below five years. It is made up of MDF, plastic, and fabric. The packaging includes a step-by-step assembly guide.
- Innovative corner design
- Includes 4 accessory pieces
- Working doors on washer, oven, microwave, refrigerator and freezer
- Working knobs on stove and faucet
- Chalkboard on freezer door.Materials: MDF, Plastic, Fabric
Do write to us about your experience with any of these kitchen playsets! We’ll be looking forward to your response.